- Oz Malkesman directs production team activities to achieve the established project goals.
- Barry Dickson provides leadership for work on the adult central brain and ventral nerve cord. His lab also generates constructs and other molecular tools needed for the project.
- Reed George serves as a liaison to Janelia’s shared scientific resources and provides guidance on overall project management.
- Gerry Rubin provides leadership for work on the adult central brain and optic lobes. His lab also generates constructs and other molecular tools needed for the project.
- James Truman provides leadership for work on the larval nervous system.
The FlyLight team collaborates with many labs at Janelia and elsewhere to facilitate the generation and analysis of the images generated by the project. These collaborators provide the anatomical expertise needed to design and screen split-GAL4 lines, as well as to assess the suitability of the lines for behavioral and physiological experiments. We are seeking additional collaborators with relevant anatomical expertise. We also work closely with Janelia’s Scientific Computing and Software Group who provide the sophisticated software tools we use to analyze and store the project’s data.