The Janelia Undergraduate Scholars program is a 10-week summer program aimed at well-prepared, independent, committed students with significant research experience. We accept undergraduates and post-baccalaureate students who have not committed to a PhD program.
Janelia undergraduate scholars are among the very best future scientists, engineers, and mathematicians who are interested in exploring:
- Behavioral & Systems Neuroscience
- Cellular & Molecular Neuroscience
- Chemical & Molecular Tool Development
- Theory and Computational Neuroscience
- Evolution and Genetics
- Instrumentation & Computational Tool Development
- Optical Physics and Imaging
- Structural Biology & Biochemistry
This program provides an outstanding research experience, an opportunity to network with colleagues at all career levels, and a chance to form lifelong friendships and scientific collaborations. Stay on our beautiful campus and explore Washington DC, Northern Virginia, and the surrounding area.
Applications for the Undergrad Scholars Program are currently closed.
Meet Undergraduate Scholar Helen Hou
During her stint as an undergraduate scholar at Janelia, Hou investigated the neural basis of social interaction.