Looking for a wealth of challenging assignments that will satisfy your thirst for cutting-edge science, leverage and build on your coding skills, and launch your career in Computational Science? You may find a perfect fit in Janelia’s new Scientific Computing Associates (SCA) program.
- Represents an alternative to the traditional postdoc, putting you in an ideal environment to establish your career in computational research or software engineering.
- Includes an internal rotation program, building your portfolio of coding skills.
- Provides an initial training period, (typically 6-months), if you have limited prior formal software engineering experience. After training, you then have the opportunity for an 18-24 month position working hands-on contributing to Janelia’s research, with potential for a final one-year extension. If you have significant coding experience, you have the opportunity to fast-track and work hands-on from day 1 while refining your experience and exposure to a variety of software.
- Access an amazing peer group in Scientific Computing and Janelia labs, world-class computing resources, and high-impact, challenging problems in image analysis, neuroanatomy, neuronal cell biology, circuit level functional analysis, instrument development, and control, and other areas of neuroscience and imaging.
- Build your career by developing your qualifications and experience in computational research or becoming a professional software engineer in a research environment.
- Interested applicants with significant past software engineering or computational research experience are encouraged to apply, as are current graduate students in the sciences, math or engineering who may have more limited training. If you have an interest in pursuing a career in software engineering and computational research, there is an opportunity to tailor the initial months of the program based on your incoming qualifications.
We are currently accepting applications for the Scientific Computing Associates (SCA) program.
Opportunities at Janelia
Janelia provides several opportunities for graduate students, undergraduate students, and postdoctoral fellows to do research on campus.