node_title | node_title
Janelia Theory Fellow Program
node:field_slogan | entity_field
A program for early-career scientist–including newly minted PhDs–with promise in mathematics, physics, computer science, and engineering.
node_body | node_body
The Computation & Theory (C&T) group at Janelia invites applications for the Janelia Theory Fellow program. Our group brings together expertise in computational and mathematical biology, machine vision and learning, and theoretical neuroscience. We tackle fundamental questions in biology by maximizing the insight extracted from biological data and closing the loop between theory and experiment.
About the program
- Theory Fellows are expected to think independently yet have a keen interest in contributing to the interdisciplinary research environment at Janelia
- Mentored by one or more C&T group leaders
- Collaborate broadly within the C&T group
- Have the opportunity to initiate collaborations with experimental groups, with the goal of testing their ideas by guiding the design and execution of new experiments
- Through mentorship and collaboration, gain expertise in a variety of areas
- Appointments are made for a term of 3 years
- Receive a generous computer and travel budget, access to state-of-the-art computational infrastructure, and competitive salary and benefits
janelia7_blocks-janelia7_block_right_hand_rail | block