The 2022 Janelia-Meyerhoff Undergraduate Summer Program competition is now closed.
- Actively enrolled rising junior or rising senior from:
- Chancellor’s Science Scholars University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Meyerhoff Scholars from University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Millenium Scholars from Penn State University
- Karsh STEM Scholar at Howard University
- SEED Scholar at University of California Berkeley
All applicants need to submit the following materials:
Statement of rationale for applying to the Janelia-Meyerhoff Undergraduate Summer Program and career goals (1 page). Specifically, please tell us how a summer experience at Janelia would promote your development as a scientist, incorporating some or all of the following questions. 1. What excites you about performing scientific research? 2. How do you anticipate Janelia and the program will impact your academic, research, and career goals?
- Description of prior independent research (not research as part of a course) (up to 3500 characters)
- Identify up to three Janelia scientists with whom you would like to work and why (1500 characters or less). See the list of labs taking summer students here.
- List of completed science and math courses or submit an unofficial college transcript
- Provide the names of two references who will submit a letter of recommendation. The strongest letters come from research supervisors who can speak to your ability to conduct independent research. However, you may use a course instructor, as well. Both letters of reference must be received before the full application can be submitted. We encourage you to start your application and contact your references well in advance of the deadline.
- Top applicants will be contacted to schedule a Zoom interview.
If you have questions about the application or the application process, you may email Erik Snapp at firstname.lastname@example.org